About Irma Geddon
I write contemporary New Adult Paranormal Romance about doomed true love—losing it, and trying to get it back against all odds.
I’ve always loved art. When I was a little girl, all I ever wanted to do was sing, dance, draw, write… I wanted to be like my favorite artists—strike that, I wanted to be them. Writing is the only art form that stuck with me into adulthood.
I love to write and all it entails: creating damaged or twisted characters, paranormal universes, and meaningful stories that compel and haunt me until I can capture them in my books—but I also write as much as I can outside of that (blogging, non-fiction books).
Writing is excrutiatingly hard for me, but I wouldn’t want to do anything else. When I sit down to write, I get easily distracted—by the kids, but also all by myself. I have the attention span of a two year old. I wish I had a USB port to plug a keyboard or hard drive, or whatever, right into my brain, and download all I want to say that way.
I live in Toulouse, France. This is a lovely place to live, there’s a lot of sunny days, and the lifestyle is not as crazy as it can be in bigger cities.
I spend my days taking care of my two sons. They both have a form of autism, and need a lot of help to learn to become autonomous.
My cat’s name is Tesla. As much as I’d like to give her as an excuse not to be able to write more, that damn cat refuses to sit on my keyboard to stop me from using the computer. I want a refund.
- I love reading About pages, but I suck at writing them.
- I am obsessed with zombies and surviving the impending zombie apocalypse.
- I love musicals and I’m always singing and dancing around the house.
- I’m a proud nerdette. Gimme geeky things, pop culture references, and minimal bandwidth, and I’m happy.
- I’m prone to tl;dr.
- My life is stressful and busy, and writing is my happy place—though for some reason I cannot fathom, I procrastinate a lot when I have to sit down and write.
- I am obsessed with calamari, octopi and tentacles.
- I love sashimi to the point where I would marry them and have their children and then eat them all. Sadly, my addiction has caused the eradication of any sort of fish within a hundred-mile radius.
- I have no filter between my brain and my mouth, which means I’ll often get in trouble for saying what other people are too afraid to. Fortunately, I attended a one-year Krav Maga self-defense training that saves me every time from the villagers and their pitchforks.
- I am well known for fomenting wars against French psychoanalysts.
- As of August 2nd, 2015, I am a USA Today Bestselling Author.